Monday, February 15, 2010

Sensitive Subject

Lately some fashion spreads have prominently featured plus-size models. This is not exactly what comes to mind when I think of "plus size" I am glad that the fashion world is starting to turn a corner, but I don't think this woman is plus size. And if she is, then I am about a cheeseburger away from being plus size too. There is nothing wrong with being plus size. But my point is, what is the big deal about this? She looks pretty slender to me.

I have been thinking about this, and it makes sense. Models are usually around a size zero, or at the smallest size that the clothes are made in. So it makes sense that this size 12 model is the model for her size category. Plus size is 12+. But, the average size of a woman in America is a 14. Clothing sizes mean nothing to me really. They are inconsistant. And as long as you look/feel good who cares?! Yeah!!

2 comments:

  1. wow I think the same thing... go ahead and put my name as plus size!

    ReplyDelete